Meet Dr. Hart
Dr. Kristopher Hart received his undergraduate degree from Texas A&M University, his dental degree from The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, and completed his residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at Eisenhower Army Medical Center/Medical College of Georgia in Augusta, Georgia.
Dr. Hart spent 8 years of active service with the United States Army. For four years, he worked as a staff surgeon in Darnall Army Medical Center at the largest military installation in the world, Fort Hood, TX. During this time, he treated a wide range of oral and maxillofacial conditions, but garnered particular satisfaction in helping soldiers by reconstructing complex explosive injuries and gunshot wounds sustained in war.
Dr. Hart is a Fellow in the American College of Surgeons. His education and training, professional qualifications, surgical competence, and ethical conduct have passed a rigorous evaluation, and have been found to be consistent with the high standards established and demanded by the College.
Dr. Hart is Board Certified in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and is a Fellow in the American College of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is also Board Certified by the National Board of Dental Anesthesiology and is an active member of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, the American Society of Dental Anesthesiology, the Colorado Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons as well as the Chalmers J. Lyons Academy of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Honor Society. Dr. Hart is certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support as well as Adult Cardiac Life Support. Dr. Hart served as an abstract section moderator at the 2010 American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons national conference in Chicago for Maxillofacial Pathology/Regenerative Medicine/Pharmacology/TMJ.
Dr. Hart is at the forefront of new technology and surgical techniques. He has authored several scientific and surgical articles. Dr. Hart was the sole recipient of the oral abstract presentation award regarding his research on Sildenafil and skin flap reconstruction at the 87th Annual American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons meeting in conjunction with the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons in Boston, Massachusetts. Dr. Hart is on the medical staff at the Centura Medical Centers at Castle Rock and Parker. Dr. Hart is also on the facial trauma team at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital.
Dr. Hart is proud to live in Castle Rock and be a part of the local community he serves.
- Hart, K., Bowles D. Reconstruction of Alveolar Defects using Titanium-Reinforced Porous Polyethylene as a Containment Device for Recombinant Human Bone Morphogenetic Protein 2. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2012; 70: 811-820.
- Hart K., Thompson, S. Emergency Cricothyrotomy. Atlas of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinics of North America, 2010;18:29-38.
- Rowshan, H., Hart, K. et al. Treatment of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Associated Facial Lipodystrophy Syndrome With Dermafat Graft Transfer to the Nasolabial Fold Areas: A Case Report and Review of the Literature. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 2008; 66:1932-1938.
- Tsai, J., Hart, K., et al. Evaluation of the Effect of Sildenafil and Vascular Endothelium Growth Factor Combination Treatment on Skin Flap Survival in Rats. Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery 2008; 32:624-631.
- Hart, K., Baur D., et al. Short and long-term effects of sildenafil on skin flap survival in rats. Laryngoscope 2006; 116 (4): 522-588.