Skip to main content
Scroll to the top of the page
- Do not eat anything for (8) hours prior to surgery, including protein shakes. Up to (3) hours before surgery, you may ONLY have these clear liquids: Water, Sprite, apple juice, Jell-o, black tea, or black coffee with nothing in it. Anything else is considered food and will result in cancellation of surgery for safety reasons.
- Take all regular medications (high blood pressure, antibiotics, etc.) or any pre-medication prescription we have provided the day of surgery using only a small sip of water, enough to get the pill down.
- Abstain from smoking, alcohol, or any recreational drugs for at least (24) hours before surgery. If using marijuana, abstain from use for (2) weeks prior to surgery. These substances may have serious, life-threatening side effects when combined with anesthesia.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for (24) hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear a loose-fitting, short-sleeved shirt to allow access for IV placement.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or nail polish on the day of surgery.
- Videos and pictures, including those taken on cell phones, are not allowed anywhere in the office. This is to comply with HIPAA regulations and to protect staff and patient privacy.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.